Tuesday, August 4, 2009

song 91 - scar tissue



For some reason I've always just connected with this band, the Red Hot Chili Peppers. We used to listen to them all the time driving to high school in the morning. My one friend, Steve, always was a big fan and I guess it just rubbed off. Scar Tissue is a song that I always just "liked", until I found out what exactly they were singing. The chorus says this...

"With the birds I'll share this lonely view..."


If you look at the rest of the lyrics, which I'll leave to you...you'll find that it's a song about longing to be someone else. Someone who can take themselves out of the poor situation they are in, and look at it from a "higher" perspective. Rising above the junk of this life and finding something more...something better...

No comments:

Post a Comment