Friday, June 26, 2009

a day for the ages...

Wow...yesterday was one heck of a day...for the good and for the bad. First off, we got Shaq! I am huge fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers, and how cool is it that we got The Diesel himself! Never would have thought I would see the day that he became a Cavalier. I remember, back in the day collecting sports cards (6-8 grade)...his Upper Deck rookie card was one of the first I ever found in a pack. I will never forget it...it had him dunking in a time lapse photograph. So cool for back in the day. It was all so a part of the good ole junior high days of the Mark Price/Brad Daugherty/Larry Nance Cavs, playing NBA Jam in the arcades, and even playing basketball myself for U.L. Light.

Moving on...as I got home from work yesterday I found out the Michael Jackson had been taken to the hospital suffering from a heart attack. Now, if you know me, you know how much he is a part of my love for music. Thriller was my first favorite album as a little 6 year old version of myself. Not to mention, how much I thoroughly enjoyed Captain EO on my first trip to Disney World when I was 7. I still find myself singing along to his songs, just like I did back then...

The very moment that I found out of his passing...I was in the process of making an offer on the purchase of my first house. A very surreal experience in itself. Excitement, fear, and just an overall numb feeling accompanied me as I wrote the words in the offer. Buying a house has been a goal of mine for oh...8 years now. So many setbacks and situations have crossed my path along the way. It is no surprise that the day that I make that final push would be filled with so many milestones to accompany it.

If you're one of those people that truly know me...you know how my brain works. How everything that goes on around me is taken in and analyzed, forever putting a stamp on that current place and time. Well, yesterday was a day for the ages...one that took me through 3 separate parts of my life, now all joined together in one moment/one time that I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy day!! Don't forget about the epic Christian Eyenga pick at the #30 spot for the Cavs in this year's draft! Big News

    ReplyDelete