Monday, July 6, 2009

my memory is fuzzy

Okay, so I have this amazing memory thing that sometimes drives me nuts, and other times impresses my friends and family alike. I can remember the most insignificant things, every song I hear on the radio, every dumb little detail about movies/Star Wars/sports, etc... However, I struggle so much with memorizing anything. It's almost like my brain is pouting when I force it to do something.

The reason why I bring this up is because I am memorizing some scripture for our week of Work Crew this summer. We are asking kids to know it, so we must set that example. It's hard for me, really hard, so I fully understand where some kids are coming from. However, as one thing I've been learning too much lately...when is life ever supposed to be easy? Especially when we are pursuing Christ? I don't want to get on a soap box again...but wow, this is all definitely working together. It's challenging, exciting, frustrating...all wrapped up in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment