Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#19: God Only Knows...


I've always been a fan of the Beach Boys, but something about their music always seems to fall in and out for me. Somedays, I love it! Other days, it's just meh. With that all being said, I love this song! Yes, it's a silly little love song written by some silly little band...but, something about it just has always resonated with me. It's sounds unlike anything else the Beach Boys have ever done, and it's a song about God's all-knowingness. At least, that's what I take from it. You see, God has a bigger plan for us outside of butterflies and moonbeams. He can work through our downfalls and the times that really, really stink. We've all been in those places where we can't imagine life without someone or something, and yet God is truly the only thing we should be concerned about losing. That fact was probably not Brian Wilson's intent here, but it is the Truth that I hear echoing through this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment