Thursday, February 17, 2011

Somtimes, It Gets It Right...

So, I was reading a book today and it referenced one of my favorite passages of scripture...1st Corinthians 13:1-3. As I finished the chapter my mind kept going back to Corinthians 13, aka the "love chapter." While focusing on what Paul was saying, I played around a bit with the translations on Bible Gateway. To my surprise, I really love what The Message had to say and I thought I would share...


If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

No comments:

Post a Comment